Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Designing a 21st-Century Learning Space Incorporating Technology


For this course we had the opportunity to design our dream 21st-Century learning space that incorporated technology, without having to worry about cost or other logistics. A dream come true! I loved imagining what my perfect classroom would look like, taking into consideration what I needed to include to foster collaboration and student engagement among other important factors. What I realized after completing this assignment is that I do have some of these elements in my current classroom, which makes me appreciate the district that I work in. I have flexible seating, access to iPads for most of my students, a document camera, and plenty of spaces for students to use to collaborate. We also have access to a wonderful WeCreate Lab/Maker's Space and a very passionate and knowledgeable director who runs the lab and is always available to help teachers utilize the available resources. Although in a perfect world my classroom would look exactly like the one that I designed, I'm thankful for what I do have and glad that our student have access to these materials that will help them be successful 21st-Century learners. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Genius Hour: Reflection

Well, here we are at the end of our project! It really did go by in a FLASH. Get it? This process was hard, but also so much fun. Which was ...