Well, here we are at the end of our project! It really did go by in a FLASH. Get it? This process was hard, but also so much fun. Which was the whole point! Thank goodness for YouTube because, without it, I honestly don't think I would have been able to learn everything that I needed to know. I still have a long way to go before I'm truly proficient with my camera and am able to edit professionally in Lightroom, but I'm so much more confident (and I'm pretty sure much better!) than I was before.
So here is my final picture for the project. I wanted to get a new "candid" family photo but it ended up more posed than I had planned. I needed to figure out where the best place would be to take the picture. I decided to set us up in my and my husband's bedroom because that way I could frame the picture the way I wanted and control the lighting. I edited both in color and black and white to see which style I liked better, and now I'm having a hard time deciding which one to frame. I'm happy to have captured this moment-in-time in a way that I'm proud of.
 |
| Black and White Edit |
 |
| Color Edit |
 |
| Original, Unedited |
This was by far my favorite project for USF that we've done, and it also took the most time. But because I got to choose something that I was truly passionate about and motivated to learn more about, I tried my hardest and got so much out of it. I know that this experience would be so beneficial for my students - if only TIME wasn't in such short supply. I'd really love to try to carve out even just 10 minutes a day for my students to work on something they really want to pursue. This is something I'm going to try to work out for next year!
No comments:
Post a Comment