Here we are at the end of another technology course! These classes seem to be flying by and I learn so much during each one.
I really enjoyed learning about Essential Questions (EQs). They’re so valuable to use in teaching for both teachers and students. Although the process of writing a really good EQ and connecting it to all subject areas may make you want to rip year hair out (oh, is that just me?) it’s SO worth it when you create a great one that you’re excited about and you know you’ll use. I want to start using EQs more in my teaching next year, so I’m glad Kim had us create a PBL unit using EQs during this course.
One of the things that I love so much about these classes with Kim is our discussions. Although I’ll admit that there isn’t one specific conversation that took place during this course that’s sticking out to me, every time we meet everyone has really interesting and impactful things to say. Kim is an amazing facilitator and really brings out the best in all of us.
As I mentioned before, I plan on using EQs more consistently next year. I also got a lot out of the flipped video we created. I see a lot of value in using them with my first-graders, especially as they’re learning how to use different apps and digital tools. Plus, Julie H. created a fabulous screencast of how she uses Kahoot and piqued my interest in using that next year, too. So my to-do list for next year is growing longer and longer, but I’m super excited about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment