Monday, July 29, 2019

Course Reflection

As I reflect on this course focused on assessment, one of the articles that sticks with me is this piece that shares 14 rules for writing multiple-choice questions. As I read through the rules listed, I realized that some questions on our district common assessments could stand to be revamped. The questions are easy to understand, make sense, and examples are given for each, which is really helpful. 

I think that we all have great discussions during our courses and feel comfortable enough with each other by now to voice our opinions truthfully. The one discussion that stands out to me during this course is when we discussed if gamification was a passing trend. I was surprised to see so many people voicing opinions for both sides. I didn't know about gamification at all before reading the resources that week, so I thought that it was a really interesting discussion. 

I continue to grow as a connected educator after this course by branching out and learning about new digital tools that I can use in the classroom. When we made the infographics that compared two different assessment tools I appreciated the opportunity to research new assessment tools and learn about how to utilize them effectively. I always learn so many new things from these courses and I'm excited to share these new digital tools with my team next year!

I'm going to continue my learning through these courses and by engaging in discussions with the other members of the cohort. They always have such great ideas and find interesting ways to utilize what we learn in the classroom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Genius Hour: Reflection

Well, here we are at the end of our project! It really did go by in a FLASH. Get it? This process was hard, but also so much fun. Which was ...